PRCPTION Travel, Inc. is a not-for-profit media project informally started in 2014; incorporated as a non-profit in the state of California in late 2015; and officially qualified as tax-exempt under IRS Section 501(c)3 in early 2016.
The purpose of PRCPTION Travel is to produce media, foster education, and innovate digital solutions as provisions for building community around the world. Toward this end, it undertakes the following activities:
- Create digital media of people, cultures, and activities around the globe
- to share varying perspectives of human experience;
- to make viewers smile;
- to inspire community efforts.
- Initiate programs of music, art, video, and other mediums of creativity
- to promote the education of physical, emotional, and societal health;
- to encourage creative expression;
- to empower people of all ages.
- Produce & distribute audible, visual, digital, and textual works that disseminate media of community-building efforts, an individual’s unique perspective, people coming together in times of joy or sorrow, and/or teamwork efforts leading to healthy solutions.
- Seek and apply for state, federal, and private funds available in support of the arts, media, news, community, communications, and more.
- Advise organizations, institutions, and governments on matters concerning human connectivity in the realms of group cooperation, community events, media production, and digital solutions to issues.
- Allocate public and/or private funds as appropriate to organizations, agencies, or individuals who can provide arts programs or products of high quality that are deemed beneficial to local and global communities.
- Further the awareness of the importance of community in various arenas.
- Circulate ideas, discussions, research, conferences, and analyses to enliven dialogues of potential future paradigms for humanity.
- Develop diverse directories of communities, artists, farmers, entrepreneurs, venues, lands, alternative economies, services, etc.
- to compile into a digital service for connecting individuals, groups, communities, and regions to one another
- to transform into a social network for a new paradigm of cooperation, connectivity, and compassion;
- to create an accessible digital hub of communication, collaboration, and confederation for users around the world.